We are seeking to build our campaign team for the 2021 Senedd and 2022 local elections.
Events Officer is an important role, ensuring that we are engaging and local members and supporters; and during election campaigns that we are engaging voters.
To work with the Campaigns Committee and Local Party Executive to produce a programme of events for members and supporters
- Examples include guest speakers, social events (e.g. quiz), Christmas dinners etc.
- We would ideally have roughly one event per month
- To help to manage any VIP / Party Leader visits during election campaigns
To support you in our efforts to have a winning campaign for 2021 & 2022 the Local Party Executive and/or Campaigns Chair will
- Provide you with direct support in identifying venues, booking speakers, managing invitations etc.
- Seek to identify other interested members to support you in this role
- Provide you with training on relevant party systems and processes
All our Campaign team are volunteers and we recognise that your availability will vary. The Events Officer role loosely requires:
- Circa. 10-12 hours per month organising, preparing and attending events
- Able to attend at least some Campaigns Committee meetings via video - currently held every other Friday (7pm-9pm)
If you have any queries about the role please contact Mike O’Carroll.