We are seeking to build our campaign team for the 2021 Senedd and 2022 local elections.
Fundraising Manager is a vital role, because without money we can’t campaign. The role will coordinate fundraising efforts and support the Local Party to raise funds, ensuring the fundraising remains high on the agenda.
- To identify potential Large Donors and support candidates by providing briefs about donors and accompanying candidates to potential donor meetings
- To promote small donor giving (especially Standing Orders) through regular asks by email and post
- To monitor fundraising and donors and report back to the Campaigns Committee
- To assist with reporting donations to the Electoral Commission and conducting any necessary due diligence
- To oversee the “Thank You” process where candidates / LP Officers provide thank you calls or notes to donors
To support you in our efforts to have a winning campaign for 2021 & 2022 the Local Party Executive and/or Campaigns Chair will
- Provide you with access to training and support via the Welsh Liberal Democrats
- Ensure that fundraising is prioritised and that candidates fulfill their responsibilities
- Provide training and guidance on donation law and reporting
All our Campaign team are volunteers and we recognise that your availability will vary. The Fundraising Manager role loosely requires:
- Circa. 3-4 hours per week identifying donors, crafting communications, and administering donations
- Able to attend at least some Campaigns Committee meetings via video - currently held every other Friday (7pm-9pm).
If you have any queries about the role please contact Mike O’Carroll.