Government rules mean that EU and EFTA citizens living in the UK must apply for settled or pre-settled status by 30th June.
There is concern that some people who will be affected by this change may not be aware that they need to apply. In particular, information on the relevant government website (https://www.gov.uk/eusettledstatus) indicates that the following people need to apply:
- Holders of previously granted UK permanent residency cards.
- These will no longer be valid after 30 June 2021 and people holding them need to apply.
- Dependent family members.
- Each dependent family member, including children, must complete an individual EUSS application
Applying to the scheme is free and it is important that every EU and EFTA citizen who may be affected should apply before the deadline.
If you know anyone who may be affected, please check that they have applied. This is especially important for people in vulnerable groups (e.g. elderly people, people without internet access, children in care).
If you think that you may be affected by this change, you can obtain further information and free advice from the organisations listed on the EUSSWales website at:
- EUSSWales: http://www.eusswales.com/