You will be aware from pubicity that a 101-home development is proposed for the Olchfa School playing fields site.
In 2018 the Labour-led Council sold off the "excess" playing fields and so some development may now be inevitable, but the current proposals meet residents' worst fears and so we are demanding that the Council take notice of their concerns.
As well as signing the petition, residents may also consider using their vote in upcoming local elections (May 5th) to show what they think of the Labour council's decision to dispose of playing fields in this way.
The petition reads:
We the undersigned wish to object to the Application 2022/0249 on the following grounds
- We are disappointed that the land has been sold off because once it is built on, the green space will be lost forever;
- We believe that traffic problems will increase as a result of the development;
- We fear for the safety of pupils by having only one entrance and exit to the development located on Aneurin Way so close to the current entrance to Olchfa School;
- We are worried that the density of the development will increase noise, disturbance and have a negative effect on the lives and enjoyment of residents in the immediate locality;
- We are concerned that the development will add to the existing flooding experienced recently in the area;
- We believe that the development will have a negative impact on flora and fauna in the area;
- Having an extra 101 homes in the locality will place additional strain on existing services and facilities.