We are seeking to build our campaign team for the 2021 Senedd and 2022 local elections.
Press Officer is an important role, ensuring that we get our message across in the local media.
- To work with the Campaigns Committee and Council Group to produce regular press releases - aiming for one per week on average
- To cultivate contacts with local media (press: South Wales Evening Post; radio: Swansea Sound, Wave FM etc.; digital: BBC) where possible
- To provide reactive engagement, directing any media requests to candidates etc.
To support you in our efforts to have a winning campaign for 2021 & 2022 the Local Party Executive and/or Campaigns Chair will
- Connect you with Welsh Lib Dem and Lib Dem press officers and help you to access training that the party provides
- Work with you to identify and produce content for press releases
- Provide you with a list of our existing press contacts
- Ensure that candidates are available to provide statements/interviews etc. in response to media requests
All our Campaign team are volunteers and we recognise that your availability will vary. The Press Officer role loosely requires:
- Circa. 3-4 hours per week preparing and following up on press releases
- Able to attend some Campaigns Committee meetings via video - currently held every other Friday (7pm-9pm)
- Able to some degree to be available/contactable at most times in order to respond to or pass on media requests (these are infrequent)
If you have any queries about the role please contact Mike O’Carroll.